Forum features expert panels and presentations from business stakeholders
Jun 02 2015
Washington, D.C.— On Monday, June 8, Congressman Tom Rice (SC-07) will host a free, community-wide economic development symposium, ‘By Land, Air, and Sea,’ for Seventh District business leaders, elected officials, and developers. The event will highlight ongoing business projects and economic development initiatives in South Carolina’s Seventh District, and feature two expert panels on surface infrastructure and aviation.
“Collaboration is key to improving our district’s economy and attracting new business to our area,” said Rice. “This symposium will bring together local leaders, stakeholders, and developers. Together, we will identify ways we can work to strengthen our economy and encourage job creation.”
WHO: Hosted by Congressman Tom Rice (SC-07) and featuring:
- Brad Dean, CEO, Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce
- Jack Ellenberg, Senior VP, Economic Development and Projects, SC Ports Authority
- Ford Graham, Director of Global Business Development, SC Department of Commerce
- Chuck Henderson, Manager, Florence Regional Airport
- Kirk Lovell, Assistant Director, Myrtle Beach International Airport
- Patrick McCrory, VP and Chief Commercial Officer, Palmetto Railways
- Jeff McKay, Executive Director, NESA
- Bo McMillan, Mayor, City of Mullins
- Mike Wooten, SC Highway Commissioner
WHAT: ‘By Land, Air, & Sea’ Economic Development Symposium
WHEN: Monday, June 8, 2015 from 8:30 a.m.- 12:30 p.m.
WHERE: SiMT, Florence Darlington Technical College Campus, 1951 Pisgah Road
Florence, South Carolina 29502
RSVP: Members of the press are requested to confirm their attendance by emailing email@example.com. Attendees are requested to confirm their attendance by emailing Rodney.Berry@mail.house.gov or calling 843-679-9781.