Oct 26 2020
Thursday the Senate Judiciary Committee voted to send Judge Amy Coney Barrett’s nomination to the full Senate for a vote on October 26th. Two new polls show that a majority of Americans support ACB’s confirmation.
Gallup: "51% in U.S. Want Amy Coney Barrett Seated on Supreme Court"
- "Independents' 52% support for Barrett's confirmation is identical to what it was for the woman who she would be replacing, Ginsburg. It is also on par with independents' views of the nominations of Sonia Sotomayor and John Roberts, but it is higher than the last two nominees to the high court -- Gorsuch (44%) and Kavanaugh (38%).”
Morning Consult: "51% of Voters Now Back Barrett’s Confirmation, Most Support Ever for a Trump Supreme Court Nominee"
- "Following four days of hearings, 51 percent of voters said the Senate should vote to confirm Barrett to the Supreme Court, up 3 percentage points from the week before and an increase of 14 points since Trump announced her nomination on Sept. 26. It’s a higher level of support than Morning Consult measured at any time during the confirmation processes for Justices Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh — the two other jurists Trump has tapped for the high court during his presidency.”
Judge Barrett is a brilliantly qualified lady, and I look forward to seeing her confirmation.
Support Blocked, AGAIN
Just like funding for safe schools, more funding for testing, more funding for vaccines, and more funding for federal unemployment benefits, the Paycheck Protection Program has been held hostage.
Democrat leaders have spent months holding out for a liberal wish list of non-COVID-related priorities, and last night Democrat Chuck Schumer tried to adjourn the Senate to block all covid relief until after the election.
The PPP has $138 million in unused funds that could support small businesses.
Unfortunately, Wednesday Senate Democrats blocked a targeted relief bill again that would have provided:
- More enhanced unemployment benefits
- Over $100 billion to make schools safe and provide children the education they deserve
- Paycheck Protection funding to save workers’ jobs & America’s main street small businesses
- More testing
- More tracing
- More funding for a vaccine for the virus
- And more funding to ensure everyone can get it
American families and businesses need help. America deserves action.
Free Covid Tests in Marion
Marion County free Covid-19 testing will be held Thursday at the Mullins Recreation Department on Gapway St. from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. MUSC Health Marion Medical Center drive-through COVID-19 testing will be held on campus Friday from 8 a.m. to 12 noon.
Find out more here.
Get Out and Vote
Early voting has started! If you are registered voter, YOU CAN VOTE EARLY! Find the absentee voting location for your county below. Be sure to get your family members, friends, coworkers, and neighbors out to vote! As you know, this is an important election and it is vital that everyone cast a vote!
Election day is quickly approaching and likely to be VERY busy! So, go get your vote counted today! It’s up to voters to decide what kind of path America will travel the next four years.
To find your voting precinct, click here.